BPR Recipes | All-Clad Canada’s Super Bowl LIII Drunken Short Rib Tacos
Super Bowl Sunday is February 3, and whether you’re team Patriots or team Rams, one thing all football fans agree on is that the game-day spread is just as important as the game itself! If you’re hosting a watch party potluck, All-Clad Canada’s recipe for Drunken Short Rib Tacos are a crowd-pleasing dish with some kick that your guests can enjoy during commercial breaks.
All-Clad Canada’s Drunken Short Rib Tacos
- 8 lbs. Boneless beef chuck short ribs
- 6 dried New Mexico chiles
- 12 roma tomatoes, halved
- 7 oz can of chipotle pepper in adobo
- 2 yellow onions, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin seed, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. coriander seed, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 bunch cilantro, sprigs picked from the stems and stems reserved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bottle Repanso Tequila
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, seed removed and julienned
- pickled cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 package queso fresco
- 10 corn tortillas
- Wipe clean the dried chilies and remove stems, seeds and veins. Toast chillies in a medium hot oven until they start changing colour, about 1-2 minutes. Soak toasted chilies in water for at least 30 minutes, drain and reserve soaking water.
- In a spice grinder, add toasted cumin and coriander seeds. Grind into a fine powder.
- In a blender, add cumin and coriander powder, soaked chilies, tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, cinnamon and cilantro stems. Add 1 cup of reserved soaking liquid and blend, adding more liquid if necessary to obtain a smooth & thick consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Blot the short ribs dry with a paper towel and season well with salt.
- Heat All-Clad Cast Aluminum Dutch Oven over medium high heat, add ¼ cup oil and wait until it shimmers. Add the short ribs and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Once the beef is browned, remove and set aside.
- Leave 4 Tbsp. of oil in the dutch oven and return to medium heat. Add in the reserved tomato-chili sauce and bring to a simmer, stir frequently, about 3–4 minutes. Stir in the tequila, and then return short ribs to pot.
- Cover and place in 325°F oven. Cook for 2 hours, occasionally turning the short ribs over. After 2 hours, remove the lid and return to the oven to cook uncovered for ½ an hour; this will reduce the sauce and deepen the color.
- Check for doneness by piercing the roast with a thin knife or fork. Once there is no resistance in the center, remove from the oven. Let cool in sauce. Ladle off any excess oil at the top of the sauce.
- Remove the beef from the sauce and gently pull apart with two forks. Pour the warm tomato-chili sauce over the pulled beef and stir.
Cabbage Lime Slaw
- Toss together green and napa cabbage, onion, jalapeno, pickled cilantro leaves, lime juice, salt and sugar.
- Top corn tortillas with cabbage lime slaw, diced avocado, queso fresco and pulled beef and serve.